Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030

Can I file for divorce in FL if we were married in a state where same-sex marriage was legal?

If you were married in a different state that recognized same-sex marriage and you want to file for divorce in Florida, that's perfectly fine. You merely need to establish the six-month residency requirement and then the courts in Florida will divorce you like any other couple.