Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030

How do I get a divorce by default in Florida?

In Florida, if your spouse refuses to participate in the divorce after they've been served, then the court will give them a specific amount of time and after that, will go ahead and grant the divorce, even without their participation. That's called a default divorce. Default divorces are fairly easy to set aside. However, it a way to achieve finality in the situation where your spouse either won't participate or is nowhere to be found.