Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030
Together, We Build the Brighter Future You Deserve

Family Law Modifications in Palm Harbor

Discuss Your Options in a Free Consultation: (727) 914-5030

When your final judgment or court order no longer reflects the reality of your circumstances, it may be time to request a modification. If there has been a substantial change in the circumstances that your order was based upon, the court can modify your order so that it works with your current situation and appropriately reflects the change.

Common issues that need to be modified include:

  • Child custody and visitation — Parents can use time-sharing schedules that deviate from the court order. The child may be spending more time with one parent than the court order anticipated. You may need a modification to bring the court order in line with the way you and your child are actually living. Drug abuse, alcohol abuse and physical abuse can also be grounds for seeking to limit or restrict the other parent's time with the child.
  • Child support — A change in income or the amount of time actually spent with a child may justify a change in the child support obligation. Because Florida recognizes a child's entitlement to support from both parents, the amount of support can be adjusted as circumstances change over time. Florida's child support calculation is not simply a specific percentage of the parent's income but takes many factors into consideration—including the number of overnights spent with each parent, the payment of health insurance premiums and daycare expenses, and any special needs or activities the children may need. Considering the duration of a child support obligation, requesting a beneficial modification is often a wise financial investment.
  • Alimony — Certain changes to financial conditions or living situations can merit the modification of an alimony award.

What Justifies a Modification?

The court has very specific requirements for modifying a family law final judgment or court order. To make a change, the court must first determine whether there has been a substantial change in the circumstances since the time of your final judgment.

Not every change will justify a Modification of the Final Judgment.

Many issues that are significant to you or the other parent may not be considered significant enough by the court to justify a modification to the existing court order. In many cases it is clear at the outset whether or not there is a chance of successfully petitioning for a modification. Our experience allows us to advise our clients if pursuing a modification is worth the time, money, and effort. That knowledge also allows us to build very strong modification petitions when the facts support it.

Experienced Family Law Representation

At Bill Beck Law, our attorneys educate our clients to empower them. The more they know about the laws, the more informed decisions they make. Additionally, we use our experience and courts insight to build persuasive arguments for modifications on your behalf.

Do you know for sure that the facts support modification in your case? Are you uncertain if you have a case at all? Bill Beck Law offers free case consultations to help petitioners understand their options.

Experience and Knowledge When You Need It Most

  • Dedicated To One Client
    At A Time

  • Dedicated To Making
    You Stronger

  • Free Consultations Available For You

  • Expert Focus on Family Law & Divorce

Contact Us Today!

All Consultations are Free and Confidential
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.