Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030

In my Florida divorce case, how do I reply to the petition?

In Florida, when you get a petition, it will have allegations that will either be true or they'll need to be denied. You need to file a response to that petition within a specific number of days. It's usually and typically shown on the paperwork but if you don't respond, then the opposing party will try to get a default judgment against you. It's very important to file a response within the time limit and the best thing you could do is contact an attorney to help you through the process.