Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030

I want a divorce, but our house is underwater. How do we handle this?

If you're seeking divorce in Florida and you have negative equity in your home, you can still get the divorce. The court typically won't require the home to be sold. What typically happens is that one party will re-finance the home under just their name to get the party off the mortgage and then the party who's no longer obligated on the mortgage will sign a quitclaim deed.