Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030

What happens when the non-custodial parent has money to pay child support but will not pay?

Now when a parent is ordered to pay child support and has the money to pay child support but refuses simply out of spite, the courts can take various forms of corrective measurement. They can do things like suspending the drivers license or even taking the parent to custody. It's a very significant breach of a court order and a violation and a detriment to the child that the courts take very seriously.