Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030

What if the custodial parent wants to move away from the non-custodial parent?

In Florida there's a statute that covers relocation in the event that the custodial parent wants to relocate away from the non-custodial parent. Typically the relocating parent will need to have the permission of the other parent, or the permission of the court. If the court is asked to make that decision, then it'll take certain things into consideration. For instance, the amount of child support that's paid, and whether it's been paid on time, and the type of relationship that the non-custodial parents has with the child.