Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030

What do I do to protect my children when I believe the other parent is abusing legal substances?

In Florida, if you believe that your children are in danger then you should immediately contact the police or sheriffs department and allow them to evaluate whether the children are in imminent danger or not but ultimately, whether the parent is abusing illegal substances or any substance that would interfere with their ability to parent is a very important consideration of the courts consider in the determination of child support. That information should be shared with law enforcement if necessary and definitely with your attorney.