Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030

What are the requirements to move to another state with children?

In Florida, there's a relocation statute that governs a parent's relocation with the children and depending on the very specific circumstances regarding the child support that's paid, whether it's current or not current, and also whether the non-custodial parent is exercising the full amount of time sharing that they're entitled to, these elements are weighed by the court in making that kind of a decision. The first option, however, is to simply ask permission and with the other parent's permission, then you can move and relocate with the child. If they don't give that permission though, then you really do need to comply with the relocation statute in Florida and my recommendation would be to talk to an attorney about that.