Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030

I was awarded joint custody but my ex-wife will not let me see my kids. What is my recourse?

Well in a situation where you've been awarded joint custody and time sharing but your visitation is being frustrated by the other parent, that needs to be brought to the court's attention as soon as possible, there's significant repercussions if it's not. The court may assume that you're okay with it or that you're agreeable with the limited time sharing. The sooner you bring it to the court's attention that your ex-wife is violating the court order, the sooner they can remedy that. The court has several remedies available including makeup time sharing and punitive damages that the court could award as well.