Family Law Attorney in Palm Harbor
Call For A Free Consultation 727.914.5030

Can I get visitation or custody/time-sharing even though I was not married to the mother...?

In Florida, the court is interested in preserving the relationship with the child and their father even if the father is not married to the mother and even if the father's name is not on the birth certificate. The issue of paternity will initially need to be established by the court. Once that's been done, the court is going to try to get as much time with both parents as possible.